To be the organization of choice to advance nursing informatics.
To advance nursing informatics through education, research, and practice in all roles and settings.
About the Chapter:
The ANIA SoCal Chapter is a part of the American Nursing Informatics Association (ANIA), consisting of professional nurses and associates who:
- Are in the Southern California area
- Are committed to their specialty that integrates nursing science, computer science and information science to manage and communicate data, information, knowledge and wisdom in nursing and informatics practice
- Identify informatics practice as a specialty that is essential to the delivery of high quality, and cost-effective health care
- Are committed to their professional development and seek to actively engage in a community of like-minded professionals
- Use informatics to improve the health of populations, communities, families and individuals by optimizing information management and communication (ANA, 2008*)
- To meet the needs of the SoCal area, we host educational and networking events (and even an Annual Conference!)