My Profile

Ms. Stephanie Dremel

UCSD Medical Center

Contact Details

UCSD Medical Center

Bio

​I’ve been a nurse for 22 years, in nursing leadership for 21 years, and a nurse leader at UCSD cumulatively for 16 years.  I’m originally from a south suburb of Chicago, but have called San Diego my home for the past 22 years.  I started my nursing career in med/surg and then quickly settled into perioperative nursing preop and recovery units (outpatient and inpatient).  I joined the UCSD GI division in the fall of 2011 and my current role is the Director of Nursing.  I have a BA (History major, Philosophy minor) from Emory University, a BSN from University of Southern Colorado, and a MSN in Nursing Informatics from Chamberlain College of Nursing.  My clinical practicum was on education and training for Nurse Managers on a Learning Management System. 

I have been an active member of ANIA since 2013 and I helped form our local chapter (San Diego Regional) in 2014.  I served as the Vice President for the first 2 years. President from 2017 - 2019, and currently serve as West Regional Director on the National Board of Directors for ANIA.   I have been actively involved in informatics projects for UCSD GI and procedural areas and on our UCSD Clinical Informatics shared governance council and helped with the EMR implementation for our GI division.  I have also been a coach and mentor for our UCSD front line leadership development program and have chaired our UCSD Magnet Leadership Oversight Council.

I love to play golf despite my lack of golf ability and even though my husband is a Golf Pro.  I’m an avid dog lover and very attached to our Boston Terrier (PJ).