My Profile

John Lussier, FHIMSS MSN RN-BC

Sharp HealthCare

Contact Details

Sharp HealthCare

Bio

Professionally, I have been a leader in healthcare information technology for 20 years in progressive roles. As of April 1, 2019, I am the Director of Clinical Informatics for Sharp HealthCare. In this role, I facilitate the coordination of informatics activities between the several hospitals through partnering with and mentoring the hospital-based informaticists. 
Just prior to joining Sharp HealthCare, I was the Epic Inpatient Applications Project Manager at Eisenhower Medical Center, a not-for-profit, Magnet hospital located in Rancho Mirage, CA. I enjoy implementing new technology and optimizing existing technology, to improve the clinicians interface with automated solutions.

One of my interests is to continually seek opportunities to educate about and promote Nursing and Healthcare Informatics. I have previously held the position of Membership Director for the SoCal chapter of ANIA. I'm looking forward to participating in the San Diego Regional Chapter.. One of my goals as ANIA SoCal Membership Director was to see membership increased in areas beyond the metropolitan centers of Southern California and establish processes to retain and engage existing members. While membership remained stable, there was a chapter effort to facilitate access to conference and webinars to the whole membership. One option was remote meeting sites so that those in the area could still meet together and still be part of the larger membership event. 

In the winter of 2015, I hosted a successful Nursing Informatics Boot Camp and had the original idea of adding vendor exhibitions. It was very well organized, created a revenue surplus, and was highly praised by speaker Dr. Susan Newbold. I was able to hold another NI Boot Camp in December 2017. As a volunteer with HIMSS, I have served on the HIMSS Chapters Committee to help promote chapter growth for HIMSS. I also volunteered on the HIMSS Clinical Systems Special Interest Group and have served as conference topic reviewer for HIMSS, AMIA, and InSight. I'm interested in sharing my knowledge and helping other by participating in and sharing information through speaking/presentation engagements, poster presentations, and mentoring.

I love to travel and learn about different cultures. Closer to home, I like tennis and golf, going to the coast, visiting local festivals, and movies. I'm looking to explore many more activities now that I am working in San Diego.