Ms. Stephanie Dremel

Contact Details

Bio

​I’ve been a nurse for 20 years, in nursing leadership for 19 years, and a nurse leader at UCSD cumulatively for 14 years.  I’m originally from a south suburb of Chicago, but have called San Diego my home for the past 20 years.  I started my nursing career in med/surg and then quickly settled into perioperative nursing preop and recovery units (outpatient and inpatient).  I joined the UCSD GI division in the fall of 2011 and my current role is the Associate Director of Nursing.  I have a BA (History major, Philosophy minor) from Emory University, a BSN from University of Southern Colorado, and a MSN in Nursing Informatics from Chamberlain College of Nursing.  My clinical practicum was on education and training for Nurse Managers on a Learning Management System. 

I have been an active member of ANIA since 2013 and I helped form our local chapter (San Diego Regional) in 2014.  I served as the Vice President for the first 2 years and currently serve as President as of May, 2017.   I’ve been been able to attend 4 ANIA national conferences.  I represent UCSD procedural areas on our UCSD Clinical Informatics shared governance council and helped with the EMR implementation for our GI division.  I am also a coach for a UCSD front line leadership development program and have chaired our UCSD Magnet Leadership Oversight Council twice in the past 3 years.

I love to play golf despite my lack of golf ability and even though my husband is a Golf Pro.  I’m an avid dog lover and very attached to our Bloodhound (Gracie), and Boston Terrier (PJ).  I take them running with me or more often, they take me with them.