Lisa Gehrung, MSN RNC-OB

Montefiore Medical Center/ EPC OB/GYN Women’s Health

Contact Details

Montefiore Medical Center/ EPC OB/GYN Women’s Health

Bio

I am a registered nurse with 20+ years of experience in Maternal Child Health. I found myself drawn to the EHR and sought my first higher degree in 2015 at Western Governors University in their online RN to BSN program.  I continued with my education and in 2019 received my Masters in Nursing Informatics.

I joined the Board of Directors of the ANIA Tri-State Chapter in 2021 as the recording secretary to network with nurses dedicated to furthering the advancement of Nursing Informatics within the healthcare landscape.

My hope is to figure out what aspect of Nursing Informatics I would like to pursue in the future.  I stay in touch with informatics in my current role as a labor and delivery nurse through being the superuser for my unit for anything tech.  We are anticipating the roll-out of Epic in October 2021.  I contribute to the implementation process by participating as a Subject Matter Expert and attend the associated workgroup zoom calls.

In my spare time, I enjoy taking Zumba classes and relaxing at home with close family and friends.