Mrs. Daphne Butera, BSN RN,MHS

Childrens of Alabama

Contact Details

Childrens of Alabama

Bio

I have over 30 years’ experience in the healthcare industry including clinical nursing, management and clinical informatics. I am currently a Clinical Informaticist on the Education team at Children’s of Alabama.

I earned an Associate Degree in Nursing from Walker College, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Alabama in Birmingham and a Master of Health Science with a concentration in leadership from Saint Francis University.

I have supported a variety of informatics projects including the replacement of an electronic medical record (EMR) in over 150 Ambulatory clinics, device integration, and was the lead educator for a perioperative EMR replacement. My team is responsible for the coordination of the annual resident and fellow EMR education, new staff EMR education and for facilitating communication related to EMR updates within our organization. I also lead and mentor a superuser group.

I have one adult son, daughter in love and two fur babies. My husband and I enjoy cooking, traveling, and spending time at the lake.