Mrs. Daphne Butera, BSN RN MHS

Childrens of Alabama

Contact Details

Childrens of Alabama

Bio

I have over 34 years’ experience in the healthcare industry including clinical nursing, management and clinical informatics. I am currently a Clinical Informaticist and Epic Principal Trainer for Ambulatory, Orders, and Wisdom at Children’s of Alabama.

I earned an Associate Degree in Nursing from Walker College, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Alabama in Birmingham and a Master of Health Science with a concentration in leadership from Saint Francis University.

I have supported a variety of informatics projects including the replacement of an electronic medical record (EMR) in over 150 Ambulatory clinics, device integration, and was the lead educator for a perioperative EMR replacement. In the past three years I have been the Principal Trainer for multiple applications, including Cupid, during our Epic installment and go live March 2023. In the past I have been responsible for the coordination of the annual resident and fellow EMR education, new staff EMR education and for facilitating communication related to EMR updates. I continue to serve in these functions and am now also responsible for the majority of provider education across Inpatient, Outpatient, and Surgical areas.

I have one adult son, daughter in love and two fur babies. My husband and I enjoy cooking, traveling, and spending time at the lake.