Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter (DISTINGUISHED)

Announcements

• We've been chosen as a DISTINGUISHED CHAPTER!!!

July 7, 2020

Dear Joni Padden/Dallas Fort Worth Chapter President,

Distinguished Chapter Awardee

Congratulations on being selected as a 2019 Distinguished Chapter. As you are aware, the Distinguished chapter award was created to recognize chapters demonstrated commitment to the advancement of the specialty of Nursing Informatics.

After reviewing the submitted chapter-related activities, the distinguished chapter committee determined they demonstrated excellence in the required areas of education, scholarship, volunteerism, national involvement and member engagement.

It gives the ANIA Board of Directors great pleasure to recognize Dallas Fort Worth with the Distinguished Chapter award because of the culture of excellence exhibited by your chapter to improve the health of populations, communities, families and individuals through informatics.

Sincerely,

Cheryl D. Parker, PhD, RN-BC, CNE

President, American Nursing Informatics Association

• DFW ANIA Goes Virtual

Over the course of the next six month, we will be offering Webinars covering a vast range of discussions related to COVID and Working Remote as well as other topics that were planned for our annual conference in November.  While we are saddened to not see our colleagueas in person, the board is working to bring you those sessions online and in the comfort of your own workspace.  Stay tuned - more details will be sent out soon!!

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

Fall preceptor

I am working on my master's at Texas Tech University in Nursing Informatics. I am still desperately searching for a preceptor for the fall semester. Texas Tech requires an RN masters prepared or higher (doesn not have to be MSN, could be MBA, MIS, etc.), ...

• Hi Chrislynn. This is indeed discouraging news.  Which program/school are you in at the moment? I'm sorry you're having these challenges and definitely looking hopeful for a better 2021. Best of luck to you! Sarah ------------------------------ Sarah ...

• Thank you Cheryl!  I sent you an email reply. ------------------------------ Sarah Weemes RN Midlothian TX ------------------------------

• Hi Sarah, I'm getting reading to capstone in mid-October, then graduate in December with my MSHI. Good luck finding a preceptor or internship, I've had absolutely no luck, and I have lots of connections.  Hopefully, your program offers another capstone ...

• Hi Sarah, I could offer you a distance practicum with unique learning as long as you aren't going to Walden I already know they won't approve me as a preceptor since I don't work for a healthcare facility. Cheryl You can reach ...

Upcoming Events

Current Members
159 Members
community Admin
community Moderator
community Leadership
Webmaster
community Admin
community Moderator
community Leadership
Leader,Secretary
community Admin