Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Chapter Meeting Dates and Times

Posted 05-17-2018 12:08
    ​We are hoping to see great member attendance at our chapter meetings.  There are 50 ANIA members in our region.  We have been sending out email invites and tried text messaging invites this last time.
    If anyone has any alternative preferences for date and time of meetings, please share.   We have been offering Zoom call in options for the meetings, are now offering CE's, and food.

------------------------------
    Stephanie Dremel
    Associate Director of Nursing
    Santee CA

• 2.  RE: Chapter Meeting Dates and Times

Posted 05-17-2018 13:58
    Initial thoughts, and yes please anyone chime in with their opinions/preferences!

Quarterly Meetings - February, May, August, November;
    March, June, September, December; something similar/modified to maximize attendance.

Perhaps we need to do a 2 week and day before email for notification and reminder.

Matthew Binder BSN RN CCRN CHTS-CP
    Clinical Informatics Nurse
    San Diego CA

• 3.  RE: Chapter Meeting Dates and Times

Posted 05-17-2018 16:16
    I am new to the area, and ANIA, so I'm not sure what scheduling / attendance challenges have existed.

I do think something quarterly (or equally predictable) could help with preparation and planning.

I imagine evenings and weekends are the easiest for most people's schedules, and I could see a Quaterly, Saturday morning meeting being pretty accessible. 

Sounds like you tried text and email reminders before, and the Zoom option makes it super convenient. 

Well, good luck and I'm looking forward to the next one, as I will do my best to attend!

Melissa Christopher
    Clinical Informatics Nurse
    San Diego CA