Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  EHR Ongoing Resource for Users

Posted 12-19-2018 09:43
    Hello,

I am putting together a proposal for my hospital to maintain an online library of EHR resources (within our intranet) and I'm looking for input into verbiage, organization and structure. I am wondering if anyone has experience with a project like this and can offer wisdom? Instead of traditional tip-sheets, I am hoping to focus on short videos demonstrating new functionality or efficient use of the EHR. I also want to consider all users - including ancillary staff - and not just nurses and providers. Our current process includes a lot of memos :) 

Any thoughts / wisdom / experience / examples would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Melissa Christopher
    Healthcare Intelligence Analyst
    San Diego CA

• 2.  RE: EHR Ongoing Resource for Users

Posted 01-03-2019 10:48
    ​Hi Melissa,
    Our Regional Director, Elizabeth Weeks spoke to this very topic at our annual conference last year and also at the ANIA National conference, so she's definitely a great resource.   Have you checked out the ANIA on line webinar's available and resource library?  I would start there as a great resource.  IOur hospital uses a one page EMR news type of thing, but we also use our online learning management system for more extensive training as well as hands on instructor led training for new staff.  Hope to see you at our annual conference.  Great opportunity to ask colleagues there as well.

Stephanie Dremel
    Associate Director of Nursing
    Santee CA

• 3.  RE: EHR Ongoing Resource for Users

Posted 01-08-2019 21:16
    Thank you, so much, for the information - I will see if I can find more information on the topic through ANIA's resources. 

Definitely trying to make it to the conference - I'd really like to connect with others in the SD area. 

Thank you, again, for your response!

-Melissa

Melissa Christopher
    Healthcare Intelligence Analyst
    San Diego CA