Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Meet your candidates!

Posted 11-18-2020 20:28
    Meet the candidates!
    Elections open up later this week.

This year we have a run-off for President-Elect.  The two candidates are Jamie Wolf and Valereen Maxwell.  The winner of this election will serve a year as the President-Elect for the Heart of America chapter and then go on to serve a year as President. Each of the candidates were asked to provide a little bit of background info and to let you know what they hope to achieve, should they be elected.  
    Below, in order of receipt, are their submissions.

Valereen Maxwell

We are all pioneers in the world of informatics. Similar to the path left behind Louis and Clark, we are  blazing the trail and clearing a path for all of those who follow us. I love being an advocate and resource to help with the dance clinicians face when trying to interact with humans and software. I feel honored to be a nurse and blessed to be in the field of informatics.

Jamie L Wolf MSHI, BSN, RN-BC

Senior Clinical Consultant, Clinical Adoption

Cerner Corporation

As President-Elect I would work towards increasing membership and supporting ongoing collaboration between various organizations.  I would like to see a greater footprint in our local area to further grow our collective knowledge base.  In addition, expanding our diversity through the collaboration of other local chapters would be an exciting venture.  I would like to explore creating a plan to increase member participation through continued education, journal submissions, and presentations.

I have been a member of ANIA since 2016 and have assisted with the coordination of local chapter symposiums throughout my time as a member.  I have taught the Nursing Informatics Review Course for the National ANIA Program and supported colleague's certification through study groups.  I have been certified in Nursing Informatics since 2014 and a member of HIMSS since 2012.  I have presented on a variety of topics throughout the years at multiple conference including Epic UGM, Cerner CHC, and Magnetizing KC.

During my first 4 years as a floor nurse I participated as a subject matter expert for projects as they related to the electronic medical record.   I would later joint the informatics team and specialize in case management, inpatient nursing, and inpatient rehab.  During this time, I was nominated for Nurse Innovator of the Year and Nurse of the Year for March of Dimes.   I would later move to work as a Clinical Consultant for Cerner where I remain today.  I have assisted with the implementation of Cerner for a variety of clients with a specialization in behavioral health.

------------------------------
    Lauren Adams Gray BSN RN
    Heart of America Chapter President
    The University of Kansas Hospital
    Prairie Village KS
    ------------------------------