Discussion: View Thread

• 1.  Spring Practicum

Posted 09-16-2018 22:28
    This is Jane Ruffin again. I sent an earlier post over a month ago for a preceptor to enable me complete the requirement for my post graduate program in Nursing Informatics. A concerned member reached out to me but unfortunately, my University does not have an active contract with her institution. She was willing to accept me but the administrative process was the issue. I have to stay an extra semester because I was unable to meet the deadline for fall graduation.
    Please, does anyone know anyone that can precept me at Gwinnett Medical Center Lawrenceville, please? I do not know anyone in the nursing Informatics section there but my school has an affiliation with Gwinnett Medical. I need a preceptor to go ahead with the process to enable me secure a position for the spring.
    It is frustrating to be unable to get placement for clinical as an Informatics student. It is so discouraging and sad.
    I shall be very grateful if any member can help me realize this dream.

Thank you in anticipation.

Jane Ruffin
    Cell #: 404 454 6316.​

------------------------------
    Jane Ruffin RN
    Ellenwood GA

• 2.  RE: Spring Practicum

Posted 11-13-2018 22:58
    Jane - I'm so sorry I missed this post.  I will be discussing this issue at the annual meeting tonight.  I'll follow up by email to get an update on your status.

Mark Bassett MAS
    Lead Software Designer
    Marietta GA