ANIA Meaningful Use Forum

• 1.  Informatics Preceptor Needed

Posted 05-14-2020 16:37
    I am reaching out as a MSN-Health Informatics student at Grand Canyon University, regarding completing my virtual practicum hours. I am reaching out to see if anyone can be of assistance in securing a preceptor with the following qualifications:

1-Holds an unencumbered and current nursing license.
    2-Must hold a master's degree in Nursing.
    3-Minimum of 2 years current work experience in informatics.
    4-Minimum of 3 months at current employer.
    5-Able to provide an educational experience that will help meet overall practicum objective and personal learning objectives

I am scheduled to start my practicum course on 6/11/2020 and end on 9/30/2020. It has been very difficult to secure someone and I'm afraid I will not be able to complete my program on time if no preceptor is secured by the end of May 2020. Please, if anyone is interested or know of a possible preceptor with the above qualifications, I would be grateful to speak with them and answer any questions they may have surrounding the virtual practicum contingency plan implemented by GCU. Any assistance provided will be mush appreciated, thanks again!

------------------------------
    christine tolison
    chicago IL

• 2.  RE: Informatics Preceptor Needed

Posted 06-23-2020 08:12
    Christine,  you put these in the "Meaningful Use" group which many people don't subscribe to. I would recommend putting them in the "Open Forum" so everyone will see it. 
    Also, I'm a program coordinator for an Informatics, Quality & Safety program.  I could use some help this summer in developing informatics education assignments, especially around data analysis.  Also, I am working on the ANA Scope & Standards for Nursing Informatics revision committee.  We could use help in proofreading our work.  I don't know if your school would consider these types of acceptable for your practicum but I thought I would offer.  You can contact me at cparker@uttyler.edu

Cheryl

Cheryl D. Parker, PhD, RN-BC, CNE
    2014-22 ANIA BOD Member
    2020 President
    president@ania.org
    ====================
    Clinical Assistant Professor, The University of Texas at Tyler
    cparkerrnphd@gmail.com
    Tyler TX
    214-766-1326