ANIA Meaningful Use Forum

• 1.  Preceptor

Posted 05-07-2020 07:58

Hello my name is Taren Peters and I am a current MSN-HI student at Grand Canyon University. Per our program requirements I am required to have practicum experience. I am looking for a preceptor to help me fulfill these requirements. My preceptor will need to be a master's prepared nurse with an active RN license and a Master's degree in Healthcare Informatics, Bioinformatics, Public Health Informatics, HIM, Information Technology, Nursing Informatics, or a graduate degree in a related discipline. My preceptor should have a minimum of two years' experience within informatics. I will be completing my practicum for 16 weeks, starting 6/11/2020 - 9/30/2020. Due to COVID 19 my college has transitioned our face to face practicum experiences to virtual/remote experiences. My practicum now consist of weekly tasks between preceptors and students:

1. Weekly teleconferencing between the student and preceptor to occur 1-2x weekly
    2. Review the weekly goals for approved/designated projects
    3. Review assignments/deliverables weekly that are related to the project
    4. The preceptor to provide weekly feedback as student completes task related to the project
    5. Follow assigned virtual practicum template and approve appropriate sections with the student with final approval of the faculty
    6. Approve hours in the lopes tracking system
    7. Complete the mid and final evaluations in the lopes tracking system

If anyone can be of any assistance to me with helping me fulfill these requirements it would be greatly appropriated, I can be contacted via email mekela929@hotmail.com.

------------------------------
    Taren Peters
    Chicago IL
    ------------------------------